ExxonMobil has just offered an amazing matching gift to encourage donations to Alaska colleges and universities during the 2012 Pick.Click.Give. campaign. Every contribution to any of the campuses of the University of Alaska, Ilisagvik College, and Alaska Pacific University will be matched one-to-one up to $100,000. [Read More... ]
Subscribe to Blog:
Posts tagged "promotion"
Alaska nonprofits are fortunate to have support from businesses and corporations -- large and small. Our thanks to these employers that encourage employees to give through Pick.Click.Give. by matching their contributions: BP, ConocoPhillips, Rasmuson Foundation, The Foraker Group, and Wells Fargo.
Use the PCG calendar to help plan your promotional activities. Note the 15 tips to help you get started.
- Prepare for “Dividend Day”
- Write your PCG talking points for media
- Focus on positive impact of gifts i.e., what your nonprofit provides thanks to individual contributions
Create stories: Explain how gifts allow you to fulfill your mission.
Use stories in letters, newsletters, online, social media posts.
Draft your acknowledgement letters to donors
Include Tax ID and amount of donation.
- Plan collaborations with geographic or cause-related organizations
- Check www.PickClickGive.org for “Dividend Day” press release and other info
- Send thank you notes to PCG donors
- Call your local reporter
- Post updates and thanks in social media (your sites and the PCG Facebook page). Thank your donors and say a word about the services you provide thanks to PCG gifts.
October & November
- Schedule newsletter content from Dec.- March
- Sign up for PCG training at The Foraker Group
- Include PCG logo link on website and e-signatures through March
- Gather digital content and share on Facebook Interviews with beneficiaries, photos, testimonials.
Team up with like-minded nonprofits
Collaborate on ads, local speaking opportunities.
Ask a local business to match your PCG gifts.
- Statewide marketing campaign begins early Dec. Television, radio, social media, etc.
- Promote your cause and encourage donors to remember you when they file Include stories of impact.
- Include a word about PCG in public appearances
- Ask your Board to help (e-signature with PCG logo)
- Post updates in social media
- Put PCG logo link on your website, in newsletters, etc.
December (last week)
- Send emails to donors & posts in social media
- Place paid advertising
Send press release to local media
Describe the service you provide. List the amount you’ve received in previous years. Name a realistic goal for this year. Remind people to file PFD and remember your cause.
January 1 - PFD filing begins
- Most Alaskans file for PFDs in the first two weeks.
- Schedule your media to peak Jan. 1 through Jan. 20
- Continue PCG promotion. Local ads, collaboration ads, radio call-in, progress press release.
- Check www.PickClickGive.org for eligibility application information Prepare paperwork for next year PCG listing.
Schedule media push for second half of March More newsletter, email, social media, radio call-in shows.
Pick up the procrastinators.
- PCG donor deadline and PCG eligibility deadline
April (first week)
- Send press release about pledged gifts
- Say thank you via email, newsletter, social media
Remind donors about “add” deadline of Aug. 31
Instructions at www.PickClickGive.org.
Consider letter, email, social media post.
Organizations participating in the 2012 Pick.Click.Give. campaign can take advantage of free training sessions scheduled between now and early next year. One group of classes will help you get started. Click here to learn more about those and to register. The other sessions will provide current information on the process of the campaign and how you can better promote your involvement with it. Click here to learn more about those and to register.
All classes will be held via teleconference or webinars. Come prepared with your questions. We also encourage you to share your challenges and successes as the campaign progresses.