Getting the most from your participation
We encourage organizations to use existing resources and the online toolkit to:
- Announce your participation to existing stakeholders
- Make your case for current donors to "give a little extra"
- Encourage donors to identify themselves on the PFD application so you will have a record of their gift and can recognize them for it
- Commit to on-going donor communication with an emphasis on how gifts support your mission
Thank and recognize donors
- If you haven't already done it, write your donor recognition plan.
- Involve everyone in your organization -- board, staff and volunteers -- in appropriate recognition.
We encourage you to promote Pick.Click.Give. to your stakeholders in a way that's appropriate for your organization -- through newsletter articles, presentations, your website and with ads in your local newspapers.
Don't see what you need? Call us at 249-6616 or email [email protected]
Watch this site -- more items will be added to the toolkit as the campaign continues.
- Check out the tool kits and resources on this site.
- Let your stakeholders know about the website so they can feel confident about the program and their donations.
- Make a plan to communicate with your existing donors and stakeholders about your listing on the PFD online application.
- Highlight the opportunity for your donors to give online if you have never had the option before now.
- Highlight the opportunity for your donors to extend their gifts and give “a little extra” through their PFD.
- Encourage your donors to let you know they have picked your organization for their gift so you can thank them and connect them to your mission throughout the year.
- Commit your organization to recognition and stewardship of all your donors.
- Create meaningful long-term opportunities for transparency and communication with your donors.
- Download the ad template and use it in your newsletter, website and postcards to each of your stakeholders.
- Add the Pick.Click.Give. logo and website to your email signature.
- Create a positive buzz about the statewide media campaign that will begin in December.
- Celebrate the opportunity that now all Alaskans who file online can give to the organizations they choose.
- Collaborate with organizations in your community that are on the list to buy local media space and split the cost. It’s a great way to highlight all the nonprofits in your area that are part of Pick.Click.Give. – and share the promotional costs.
- Attend a free training on the Pick.Click.Give program. Sign-up at www.forakergroup.org.
- Post the PCG calendar to track your promotional activities.