The Alaska Botanical Garden is dedicated to education, science and recreation.
How Pick.Click.Give. makes a difference
The Alaska Botanical Garden is a non-profit supported by donations, memberships, program fees, admission fees and foundation grants. We do not receive Municipal, State, or Federal funding for operations. Your contributions have a significant impact on the Garden’s ability to provide horticultural and botanical education, research, preservation, & recreation. The Alaska Botanical Garden is one of the only northern latitude, organic public gardens in the world.
Your donation helps us:
1. Grow and nurture the Garden: We need your help to maintain existing gardens & trails while expanding research and preservation.
2. Offer a beautiful outdoor space for recreation, reflection, special events, community service and wellness activities: Maintain ecologically healthy nature trails for exploration, wildlife viewing, winter sports and nature study. The Garden is open year-round.
3. Provide hands-on education including field trips, a summer camp and in-school educational programs for kids and courses and workshops for adults. In Anchorage, for example, we provide year-long, dynamic, after school programming for eight of the eleven Title I, low income schools.
4. Support Anchorage young adults through workforce development in partnership with the Ninestar Education and Employment Services by hosting a young adult in summer field work.
5. Engage with community partners in making Anchorage a great place for all.
6. Manage important habitat for Alaska’s boreal forest including delicate wild orchids and other native plants & fungi, spawning salmon, squirrels and boreal chickadees. We conserve 110 acres of boreal forest ecosystem on the edge of Alaska’s largest city.
Join us through Pick.Click.Give and be a part of growing an amazing Garden!