Pick Click Give


Facebook Twitter Youtube Pinterst

For Immediate Release

Contact: Jordan Marshall, 907-334-0510

Pick. Click. Give. launches 2011 awareness campaign

ANCHORAGE, December 17, 2010 – A recent survey of Alaskans showed that nearly three-out-of-four residents have heard of Pick. Click. Give., the PFD Charitable Contributions Program. A campaign to educate the remaining quarter begins this week.

Other noteworthy findings from the survey include: 10 percent of Alaskans said they were “very likely” to make a contribution in 2011 through Pick. Click. Give. and, of those who said they gave through Pick Click Give this year, 65 percent said it was because Pick. Click. Give. is easy to use while the remaining 35 percent said it was because “it’s good to contribute.”

Pick. Click. Give. hopes to show the rest of Alaskans that they can make an impact with small gifts. Making an impact with small gifts is, in fact, the focus of this year’s media campaign.

Check out the new public service announcement at www.PickClickGive.org or at www.Facebook.com/PickClickGive

This year’s Pick. Click. Give. statewide outreach campaign is made possible thanks to financial support from the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority, BP Alaska, ConocoPhillips Alaska, the Mat-Su Health Foundation, the Friends of the Alaska Children’s Trust, Providence Health + Services Alaska, Flint Hills Resources Alaska, and Rasmuson Foundation. Also, providing generous amounts of in-kind support are Alaska Public Radio Network, Coast Alaska and Alaska One public broadcasting, the Alaska Club, and Nerland Agency.

Pick. Click. Give. is coordinated through a partnership including the Permanent Fund Dividend Division of the Alaska Department of Revenue, Rasmuson Foundation, The Foraker Group, the Alaska Giving Coalition, the United Way of Anchorage, and the Alaska Community Foundation.

“The filing period for the Permanent Fund Dividend opens at 12:00:00:00.001 a.m. on 1/1/11, which is the first nanosecond of the New Year,” said Jordan Marshall, Special Projects Manager at Rasmuson Foundation. “Please consider making a gift to help support your community and the causes you care about. Get more from your PFD through Pick. Click. Give.”