Alaska nonprofits to benefit from 25 percent increase in Pick.Click.Give. donors and 20 percent increase in dollars raised
Anchorage, Alaska – The 540 organizations that are eligible to receive Pick.Click.Give. donations will split a record $3.329,575 this fall around the same time that Alaskans receive their Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends (PFDs). Organizations have just learned how much money was pledged to them. The results can be searched alphabetically, by zip code or by total pledge amount.
Some other interesting facts about the 2015 Pick.Click.Give. results:
- The average pledge this year was $62 (the same as is 2014)
- The average amount PCG donors gave this year was $100 (compared to $104 in 2014)
- 6.1 percent of Alaskans who filed for a PFD online chose to Pick.Click.Give. (compared to 4.6 percent last year)
- The number of Alaskans filing for a PFD went down 1 percent this year to a total of 552,260 (compared to 558,175 in 2014)
- $3,329,575 was pledged this year (compared with $2,771,400 in 2014) – a record amount for the seven-year program
Although the deadline to apply for the 2015 PFD has passed, Alaskans who have already filed can add Pick.Click.Give. donations through August 31, 2015. All participants, regardless of contribution level, will be entered into the Double Your Dividend Sweepstakes, which will award a second dividend to ten donors.
For more information, a complete list nonprofit organizations participating in Pick.Click.Give. or a copy of the Double Your Dividend Sweepstakes rules, visit www.PickClickGive.org.
# # #
Supporters of Pick.Click.Give. include: ExxonMobil, Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority, BP Alaska, Mat-Su Health Foundation, Alaska Children’s Trust, Rasmuson Foundation, The Foraker Group, United Way of Anchorage, The Alaska Club and MSI Communications.