Mission: Our mission is to provide leadership, administrate state level programs, educate our members and the public about the game of soccer, and coordinate youth soccer in the State of Alaska to accomplish the following measurable objectives:
1) Maximize the number of youth soccer players in Alaska at all ages and skill levels to expand opportunity for participation, and promote the visibility of the sport.
2) Maximize the number of USSF and NSCAA licensed youth soccer coaches at each coaching level to advance the level of player skill and competition.
3) Maximize the number of USSF licensed youth soccer referees at each licensed level to promote fair play and amplify knowledge of the rules.
4) Maximize the number and quality of playing fields and indoor facilities available for youth play to improve opportunities for play.
5) Provide an effective forum and central point for communication with the public and between all soccer players, coaches, referees, clubs and leagues in Alaska.
How Pick.Click.Give. makes a difference
Alaska Youth Soccer is the largest youth sports organization in Alaska representing 16 Affiliate Member Associations and Clubs comprising membership with over 7,000 players. With its proactive approach to full inclusion and year-round play, Alaska Youth Soccer presents players of all ages and skill levels an opportunity to play in a multitude of different programs and leagues despite its geographical, weather, and lighting challenges. Built on community, Alaska Youth Soccer delivers great support, education, and development for its members and players, fostering growth in both the grassroots and competitive environments and has become the premiere sports organization in the state.
Alaska Youth Soccer, with a service area covering the Interior, Anchorage, Mat-Su, Kenai Peninsula, and the Southeast provides rewarding recreational and competitive opportunities for players of all ages, genders, and skill levels.
Contributions will allow AYSA to offer scholarship funding to coaches and players across the state to continue in their training and education. Funding will be used to establish outreach programs to areas across the state which are remote and are in need of soccer programs for youth. AYSA offers TOPSoccer; a statewide soccer program for youth players with disabilities. With additional funding AYSA will be able to train more coaches for the TOPSoccer program, buy special equipment needed and do outreach programs across the state to promote TOPSoccer. AYSA believes that investing in our Referee program is a priority and with additional funding AYSA can invite out of state qualified trainers to work with referees while we continue to offer a safe playing environment for the youth in Alaska.