Lynn Canal Conservation (LCC) is a grassroots conservation organization based in Haines, Alaska. We rely on a healthy environment to provide jobs, subsistence foods, recreation, and quality of life. LCC has a long-term commitment to the health of fish and wildlife populations and to regulations that promote clean water and stream protection for watersheds important to commercial, sport, and subsistence salmon fisheries. Protecting fish habitat is an essential part of a healthy future.
How Pick.Click.Give. makes a difference
LCC works to protect our fisheries, forests, wildlife, and quality of life.
With your support in 2015/2016 LCC will work to:
- Host educational programs to increase environmental awareness and advocacy on these issues.
- Safeguard water quality and wild salmon and wildlife habitat from damaging mining, transportation projects, and other development.
- Protect high-value wild salmon spawning and rearing habitat and wildlife, in the Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve and the Chilkat River watershed from threats.
- Safeguard wild salmon habitat from the proposed Constantine multi-metal mine.
- Ensure that the Haines Highway project does not damage eagle and wild salmon habitat.
- Stop the proposed Juneau Road Project through more than 50 miles of Tongass wild lands.
- Support the construction of safe reliable ferries.
- Stop herbicide spraying along state roads in the Haines area.
Thank you! Your contribution will make a big difference in our ability to advocate for wild places in the Chilkat Valley.