Save lives and bring hope to those affected by suicide.
We do this by:
-Serving, supporting and mobilizing our local communities.
-Leveraging our strength and perseverance to create an impact.
-Deliver evidence based programming.
-Advance the most promising research in suicide.
-Practice compassion in all we do.
-Be inclusive and collaborative.
-Create a culture of excellence and hope.
How Pick.Click.Give. makes a difference
Funds from Pick.Click.Give. support both youth and adult suicide prevention education and survivor support programs in the state of Alaska.
Because of your generous support in last year's Pick.Click.Give campaign, AFSP has been able to expand its outreach in Alaska as well as across the nation.
Here are a few of our accomplishments over the past year ...
- invested over $6M in suicide prevention initiatives
- created 21 new grants to fund a wide range of promising projects by new and experienced investigators
- increased distribution of our "More Than Sad" educational campaign aimed at high school students and teachers
- expanded our Interactive Screening Program (ISP) to additional colleges (University of Alaska Fairbanks specifically) and piloted the program in the corporate workplace and among veterans
- sponsored FREE International Survivors of Suicide Day events in various locations throughout Alaska
To date we have trained over 5,000 alaskans and outreached to over 10,000 alaskans.