To promote contemporary and traditional arts in Interior Alaska.
How Pick.Click.Give. makes a difference
When you donate to Fairbanks Arts Association (FAA) you become part of a dynamic organization that has served Interior Alaska through the arts since 1966. For more than 50 years we have provided Alaskans with quality visual, literary, performing & arts education programs.
FAA plays a central leadership role in the arts community, providing opportunities & resources for artists & organizations; If we can’t help, we find someone who can.
What we do:
• VISUAL ARTS: Fairbanks Arts' Bear Gallery holds monthly exhibits of statewide artists, touring exhibits & group shows as well as a gift shop featuring work by local artists and artisans.
• LITERARY ARTS: Free monthly readings, an Annual Statewide Poetry Contest, Writing workshops, and the statewide Alaska Reads reading initiative
• PERFORMING ARTS: Free, nightly outdoor performances in the summer called 'Gazebo Nights
• ARTS EDUCATION: Artists-in-Schools residency program & school performances by local presenting organizations for Fairbanks North Star Borough School District students. Our arts education programming is guided by an advisory committee of FAA staff, arts organization representatives, teachers & principals and serves more than 8,000 students annually
• ADVOCACY & AWARENESS: FAA serves on cross-sector committees to represent the voices of the arts community and advocates in Juneau during legislative session for arts, culture, humanities & museum priorities. We keep community members informed of arts opportunities & serve as an informational resource to visitors and those individuals newly relocated to AK
• PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE for individuals & organizations: FAA facilitates community arts meetings, grant-writing assistance for individuals, teaching artist trainings & artist professional development workshops
Fairbanks Arts Association seeks to enhance lives by offering quality, accessible arts experiences & working toward the collective strength of Interior arts organizations. Fairbanks Arts supporters know that each donated dollar is put to work to serve Interior Alaskans of all ages through the arts. Our success lies in the generosity of our volunteers, donors & community members who recognize the true impact of the arts.