Sunshine Community Health Center is committed to accessible, proactive, quality health care, promoting community wellness through outreach and education.
Sunshine provides integrated primary medical, dental, and behavioral health care to all, regardless of one's ability to pay, with offices in three locations – Wasilla, Willow, and Talkeetna.
How Pick.Click.Give. makes a difference
Donations from Pick Click Give allow SCHC to sustainably provide a full spectrum of high-quality, comprehensive, culturally competent, healthcare services. SCHC promotes prevention and early intervention, thus keeping under-insured or uninsured individuals out of hospital emergency rooms and lowering overall healthcare costs. These services include:
• Medical Services – Family Health Care, Laboratory and X-Ray, Dispensary, DOT Medical Exams, Immunization, Sport Physicals, Eye Clinic and a Men’s Clinic
• Dental Services – Preventative care, initial pediatric “first visits,” and full mouth rehabilitation
• Behavioral Health – Confidential mental health and substance abuse treatment as well as the following traditional counseling services: Individual, couples, family, and group therapy.
With 30 years of service in the Upper Susitna Valley, SCHC is a resource for the community with health education, community outreach, advocacy and support programs. In listening and responding to the specific needs of this community, unique programs have been developed, such as:
• Sunshine Transit – Inexpensive, reliable transportation to health care, wellness, education, and employment in the Upper Susitna Valley.
• Office Based Opioid Treatment - a program that combines the use of the medication with outpatient Behavioral Health treatment to help patients transition from drug dependence to recovery.
• Positive Action - support programs in schools that promote an intrinsic interest in learning and becoming a better person.
• Patient Advocacy – Help patients navigate the confusing healthcare system with assistance in completing financial paperwork or applications, including Medicaid, Medicare, Marketplace, and more.
• Case Management - Organization of resources needed for patients to bridge the gaps along the care pathway to meet an individual's and family's comprehensive health needs.